Topic: Staticstructural smtype 3 fails with oofem2.5 latest

All,
I have a working input file with the previous version of oofem. With migration to the latest version, i get errors with this file.
More specifically i am unable to choose the solvertype and storage type.

Error: (/home/srinath/srinath/github/oofem/src/oofemlib/nrsolver.C:403)
In NRSolver::giveLinearSolver:
linear solver creation failed for lstype 3
  /home/srinath/srinath/github/oofem/cmake-build-debug/liboofem.so : oofem::NRSolver::initializeFrom(oofem::InputRecord*)+0x4c1
  /home/srinath/srinath/github/oofem/cmake-build-debug/liboofem.so : oofem::EngngModel::updateAttributes(oofem::MetaStep*)+0xa0
  /home/srinath/srinath/github/oofem/cmake-build-debug/liboofem.so : oofem::StaticStructural::updateAttributes(oofem::MetaStep*)+0x54d
  /home/srinath/srinath/github/oofem/cmake-build-debug/liboofem.so : oofem::EngngModel::initMetaStepAttributes(oofem::MetaStep*)+0x30
  /home/srinath/srinath/github/oofem/cmake-build-debug/liboofem.so : oofem::EngngModel::solveYourself()+0xf0
  /home/srinath/srinath/github/oofem/cmake-build-debug/liboofem.so : oofem::StaticStructural::solveYourself()+0x18
  /home/srinath/srinath/github/oofem/cmake-build-debug/oofem : main()+0xab6
  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : __libc_start_main()+0xf1
oofem exit code 1
-------------------------------------------------------
Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code.. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
-------------------------------------------------------

Re: Staticstructural smtype 3 fails with oofem2.5 latest

Can you please attach the input file?

Attached. It works great in the previous oofem versions. I would like to use Petsc for parallel applications.

Post's attachments

bending.in 940.36 kb, 4 downloads since 2018-03-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

It works with the actual git version, but I had to change solverType 0 to solvertype "nrsolver" , because the StaticStructural is expecting a string.
Which version are you exactly using?

I am using a slightly modified version of the git version. I did a merge with an existing local branch that has a couple of new material models local and non-local.

I looked at the changelog and since a lot has changed in the internal structure of oofem, perhaps i should have been careful with the merge. Is there any documentation of the structural changes... that i can then merge by cherry picking ..or if i sent you the patch of my changes to the older version would it be possible to include it in the git version ??

BTW this was mikaels oofem git repository

Send me the patch.

Are you sure the code was compiled with PETSC support, i.e., with  USE_PETSC="ON" ?

Hi, it seems that you have not installed with PETSc successfully. I have met this question before