Topic: Apply Loadcases via LinearStatics

Hallo Borek or Mikael,

I have two questions and would be really happy, if you are able answer them smile

In the Inputmanual it ist declared that Loadcases can be applied to the models via LinearStatics where the number ob nsteps is equal to the number of loadcases. Is there any example how to define the Load cases? If I only raise nsteps for example from 1 to 3, I get three times the same results with all the loads I applied to my model. So, there have to be another command to define wich loads should be together in one loadcase.

Another question, is there a way to define the number of decimals in the Outputfile? I would like to get more accurate results.

Thank you very much in advance for helping me!

Re: Apply Loadcases via LinearStatics

Hi, do you mean that you want to apply loads at different time?or different load at same time?
If former, you can see http://www.oofem.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1725, it will describe in detail.

Thanks for your reply! I want to apply loads at different time steps, but I don't want to apply dynamic, time dependent loads.

I think we have different understandings of loadcases. In civil engineering, it's common to define several load cases, for example: at first a distributed load is applied to the whole geometrie, than only to parts of the geometry, than perhaps you add another load like a nodal load or an edge load. The geometrie keeps the same, but the load, which ist applied to the model differ each time. After calcualting the FEM-Models one compares the results. The loadcase, which leads to the largest displacements is the worst case.
So, the loads are not really time-dependent and not dynamic but dependent of their locations.

I thought, one could define these load cases and each time step would serve the results for the concerning loadcase. The advantage would be, that you don't have to read the inputfile every time, you change the load case.

Do I understand it right, that this is not possible in OOFEM ?

Hi, please, find attached an input file demonstrating load cases.

Post's attachments

loadCases.in 2.88 kb, 8 downloads since 2018-07-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thank you very very much! Now I understand how it works smile smile smile