Topic: erro of runing the tests examples

Dear all:
I have a question, when I run the test example of D:\oofem-1.9\tests\sm\test50, there is a error:

D:\oofem\oofem\debug>oofem -f D:\oofem-1.9\tests\sm\test50.in
linearstatic : unknown EngngModel type

Why? How to handle it? THX

Re: erro of runing the tests examples

Hi,

looks like you don't have sm module included. Could you run your oofem just with "-v" option and send the output?
Borek

Dear,
run -v
output:

D:\Project_312\lily_mesh_code\oofem\oofem\debug>oofem -v D:\Project_312\lily_mes
h_code\oofem\oofem\debug\tests\sm\test50.in

OOFEM version @VERSION@ (@host@, @MODULE_LIST@)
of Jan  7 2010 on @HOST_NAME@

Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Borek Patzak
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Input file not specified
Press any key to continue . . .

thank you

Hi,

ok, you are using Windows, right. From your first post, it seems that sm module (structural module) is not compiled in.  Are you getting the same behavior  for all the test files, or only for the test50?
And another question: Have you defined the following preprocessor definitions:
__OOFEMLIB_MODULE; __SM_MODULE; __TM_MODULE; __FM_MODULE; __DSS_MODULE
when configuring your project?

Borek

Dear,
for all tests, I compiled all files and product oofem.exe.
But oofem.exe can not run, I don't know how to add the input file.
so I used the command prompt to add the input files, then gives this error.
Anthor question: There is iml.h and iml.c in the src/oofemlib(oofem 1.9), I still need download the IML++? Where can I download?
Thank you very much

Hi,

the iml sources can be downloaded from http://math.nist.gov/iml++/.
OOFEM is a console application, no windows, dialog boxes, etc. The only way how to specify input file is to use "-f" option followed by path to input file, as you did it in the first post.
If you still have a problem to run the examples, please check also oofem wiki page with instructions on how to compile under windows Visual compiler (http://www.oofem.org/wiki/doku.php?id=w … ompilation),

In any case, let me know,
Borek

7 (edited by liliwaiting 08-01-2010 06:01:37)

Dear,
Thanks! I can  compole all files as the website's method. I download the IML++ (all head files)and add them to sourse, made the _IML_MODULE.
But run all tests, don't success.
error:

D:\Project_312\lily_mesh_code\oofem\oofem\debug>oofem -f D:\Project_312\lily_mes
h_code\oofem\oofem\debug\tests\sm\test20.in
stationaryproblem : unknown EngngModel type

"-v" also has these problems.

Debug, break in:
engngm.C
EngngModel :: checkProblemConsistency()
{

result &= this->checkConsistency();/////////////break

}

error:
(for sm/test20.in)
this    0x00000000 {ndomains=??? domainList=??? numberOfSteps=??? ...}    EngngModel * const

ndomains    CXX0030: Error: expression cannot be evaluated   
domainList    CXX0017: Error: symbol "" not found   

Unhandled exception at 0x0064f7ad in oofem.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

They can not be used in the Windows for the tests input files?

Thx

Hi,

I am sorry for the troubles you have, but the problem is in your project settings. I have compiled oofem-1.9 successfully using Visual C++ compiler.
You can find the resulting executable in the attachment (but without IML). I could not attach .exe files, so please rename the attached file to oofem-1.9.exe after downloading.
But back to you compilation problem: My Visual compiler produces at the end a BuildLog.htm file, which could help me a lot, when figuring out what is going wrong. Could you please clean your project and rebuild it again and send me the BuildLog.htm file.

With best regards,
Borek

9 (edited by liliwaiting 11-01-2010 05:07:04)

Dear,
thank you very much.
The attached file is buildlog.htm.
The OOFEM.exe you had uploaded is OK, but my project can not be execute, The compile is no problem, but  can't be execute.

Hi,

I was looking into the BuildLog file you have provided, but unfortunately it contains only linking phase.
I need the log from compile phase as well. Could you please clean the project and rebuild it again and send me the log?
Cleaning will remove all .obj files, so they will be compiled again and thus log file will contain all information I need to resolve the problem.

Borek

11 (edited by liliwaiting 15-01-2010 03:44:44)

Dear,
I had clean the project and rubuild it again, there is a error from Windows:

oofem.exe has stooped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctlu. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is acailable.

then the project closed.

Attached file is the log file.

there is a error when
engngm.c   EngngModel::checkProblemConsistency()
result &=this->checkConsistency()

Error: Unhandled exception ar 0X0064F7ad  in oofem.exe:0xc0000005:Access violation reading location 0X00000000.

Hi,

thank you. The problem is now clear. The following preprocessor definitions should start with double underscore character, not a single one, as you have used:
__OOFEMLIB_MODULE, __SM_MODULE, __FM_MODULE, __TM_MODULE, __DSS_MODULE, __XFEM_MODULE, __IML_MODULE, __ENABLE_COMPONENT_LABELS

Please change your project settings accordingly, clean the entire project and rebuilt it again.

Borek

Dear,
Thank you very much. My project can run now. Besides double underscore character, I also need to rename *.c to *.cpp. I use /TP can compile all files but the .exe not excute. After I change the name to .CPP, no problem. Thank you very much!