Topic: BUILD OOFEM.EXE WITH MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2008

I am a Phd student and i am going to use oofem solver. I obey all of instruction in your wweb page for install oofem under C++ compiler on windows. but when run (Build Menu-Build oofem.exe) from MVS2008, it appears 338 Errors as following:
{Error    1    fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?    e:\oofem-1.9\src\tm\brick1_ht.c   535    OOFEM}
I think this error is related to following settings:
Project Configuration Properties→C/C++→Precompiled headers

Re: BUILD OOFEM.EXE WITH MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2008

Hi,

I have checked the settings I have used, and I was not using precompiled headers. As you have reported, this can be set in Project Configuration Properties→C/C++→Precompiled headers. Set this option to "Not using precompiled headers".
Please, let me know, if this worked.

Borek

Hi,
Thanks alot for your reply.
I set this option as you recommend.I mean i set "Configuration Properties→C/C++→Precompiled headers" to "Not using precompiled headers". But after compiling, it appears 13 errors and 747 warnings as you see in attached ".log" file.

Hi,

the module symbols, such as __OOFEM_MODULE, __SM_MODULE begin with double underscore character. Could you check that you have defined them correctly? Seems to me from the provided BuildLog, that they begin just with a single underscore and this could be the source of the problem.

Borek

Hi
Thanks alot.
with your guidence i compiled oofem without any error.
again, i thank you very much.