Topic: Not able to install on SuSE

Hello,

It seems I am not able to install OOFEM on my suse 11.0 partition.  The version of g++ is g++ (SUSE Linux) 4.3.1 20080507 (prerelease) [gcc-4_3-branch revision 135036]. I am attaching a text file containing the prinout of my command window...any ideas? .. I get oofeg in my bin directory....

the last line of my command window is ...
oofeg.o: In function `do_print_state(EView*, char*)':
oofeg.C:(.text+0x6cd): warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/abhishek/OOFEM/oofem-1.9/targets/oofem-release/lib/main'

Abhishek

Re: Not able to install on SuSE

Hi Abhishek,

did you obtained oofeg executable in /home/abhishek/OOFEM/oofem-1.9/targets/oofem-release/bin directory?
if yes, and you mention that in your post, then all is ok. The oofeg executable should be created in
/home/abhishek/OOFEM/oofem-1.9/targets/oofem-release/bin. 
The message you are referring to is only a warning, that should not prevent linker from producing the executable.

If the oofeg file has not been created, let me know and I will find a way how to get rid of this warning.

Borek

Hello Borek,

Yes I did obtain "oofeg" in /home/abhishek/OOFEM/oofem-1.9/targets/oofem-release/bin directory...but shouldn't there be an executable named "oofem"???

Also when I type "make tests", I get the error "oofem executable   not found" .... sad

Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,
looks like the target was not configured correctly. Could you post how you configured the target? (configure command with all options).

Borek

Hello Borek,

The following is the command line I typed:

./configure OOFEM_TARGET="oofem-release" CXXFLAGS="-O2" --enable-iml --with-IMLDIR=/home/abhishek/OOFEM/oofem-1.9/iml --enable-oofeg --with-CKITDIR=/home/abhishek/OOFEM/Ckit --with-ELIXIRDIR=/home/abhishek/OOFEM/Elixir

I am also attaching the prinout of the output of the above command. Any ideas of what is happening?

Abhishek

Dear Abhishek,

the problem is that you have used "--enable-oofeg". This will configure the target as graphics post-processor (oofeg), not the solver (oofem). The OOFEM_TARGET variable is used just to name the target. So to build the solver, use something like this:

./configure OOFEM_TARGET="oofem-release" CXXFLAGS="-O2" --enable-iml --with-IMLDIR=/home/abhishek/OOFEM/oofem-1.9/iml 

For more detail, please see oofem wiki pages, devoted to installation (http://www.oofem.org/wiki/doku.php?id=installation)

Borek

Thanks!...it works!!!