Topic: OOFEG installing problem

Hi

I understand that for installing OOFEG I should run the following command in UBUNTU:

cd ~/build/debug; cmake USE_OOFEG="ON" ~/OOFEM

but I did not understand where should I put the "CKIT_DIR=dir and ELIXIR_DIR=dir"??

Re: OOFEG installing problem

Well, actually no, that isn't quite right. Setting variables directly with the cmake call uses the syntax "-DVARIABLE=VALUE", so

cmake -DUSE_OOFEG="ON" -DCKIT_DIR="~/Ckit/"  -DELIXIR_DIR="~/Elixir" ~/OOFEM

You can also either use cmake-gui or ccmake to see all the values you can change. Just try;

cmake-gui ~/OOFEM

Hi Mikael,

I did it but the following error occured

[ 99%] Building CXX object src/tm/CMakeFiles/tm.dir/gravitypressure.C.o
[ 99%] Built target tm
Scanning dependencies of target liboofem
Linking CXX shared library liboofem.so
/usr/bin/ld: /home/mehdi/Elixir/src/libesi.a(esi.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `XtStrings' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/home/mehdi/Elixir/src/libesi.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [liboofem.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/liboofem.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

As the error message states; In order to have a dynamic library (liboofem.so) the external libraries we link to must either by compiled with -fPIC (position independent code) or as a shared library themselves (i.e.  "libesi.so").
So either;
* add -fPIC to compiling ckit and elixir
* compile ckit and elixir as shared libraries
* compile oofem without shared library.

really Confusing, Sorry that I am not so expert in UNIX system
where should I add the -fPIC? in the cmake coomand??
for example

cmake -DUSE_OOFEG="ON" -fPIC -DCKIT_DIR="~/Ckit/"  -fPIC -DELIXIR_DIR="~/Elixir" ~/OOFEM

No, it must be done to ckit and elixir, not OOFEM. And the flag should go to the compilation command (e.g. gcc), not to cmake (or make or configure).

I'm also doubtful that you will find OOFEG helpful for anything. The VTK export is about as good as it gets.

My Problem is with the XFEM example,
I thought that OOFEG can show the crack propagation.

The Paraview with the "debugvtk 1" in the Xfem manager was not successfull to show the crack.
I attached the Paraview picture in the link below:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jb703k&s=5

So there is no way for viewing Crack?????

Well, as i explained in the other thread, debugvtk was your only option. You could also read the values of the dofs in the *.out file and write your own postprocessing tool in matlab/python.

Looks like you opened the standard VTU file. The debugvtk option writes lots of small VTK file and doesn't influence the VTU files or any other export modules.
As the name indicates, this is for debugging purposes, so it is very rudimentary and not a very convenient way of visualizing it, but i just tried it out and it seems the crack is exported.