Topic: Problems with renumbering and oofeg

I have new problems with my models which started recently due to some some changes in other parts of oofem (I think).

Maybe someone can help me with this:

1) Rigidarmnode and profileopt together gives segmentation fault for my lattice2d elements (only testsed with these elements).

2) In OOFEG, command "previous step" or "find step" results in segmentation fault or no response.

I have attached a simple 1 element file for demonstrating the above points.

Peter

Post's attachments

lattice2d.in 821 b, 2 downloads since 2015-01-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Problems with renumbering and oofeg

It seems I've introduced an error when trying to fix the missing support for internal dof managers.

Resetting the counter before going through the slave dofs,
    count = 0;
on line 127 in sloangraph.C will fix this.

(we should make a test of the profileopt for problems with slave nodes to test this functionality)

This fix will be merged into oofem.org next time I get around to do that. Until then, please use the fix above.

Edit:
I also see a logical bug in the code that connects internal dof managers from elements. I put in a warning for now, but I'll try to fix it later.

This solved my first problem. Now, there is still the oofeg problem. I think that it is really a problem with restore/save context, but the debug messages I get do not make much sense.

If you have access to compiling with clang, I can recommend setting up a compilation with address sanitizer

cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++  -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-fsanitize=address ...

This will reveal if there is any memory corruption going on anywhere.

I  will probably not have time to check on this until next week I'm afraid.

Just to add. I have tried it with a standard (non-lattice) oofem model and I have the same problem there as well with oofeg. So, it seems to be something more general.

Hi Peter,
I hope I have fixed the error now. Can you check? You need to pull the latest version from repo. I have tested it on tests/benchmarks/concrete_3point.in and it seems to work now.

7 (edited by gustel 17-01-2015 02:11:08)

Hi Borek

thanks for looking into it. It seems to work now.