Topic: OOFEM: proposed schedule for new release 2.4

Dear all,

nearly 18 months have passed since the last oofem release and I think it's time now to consider a new one. Having in mind the upcoming summer holidays, I would like to propose the following roadmap to new release:

- All git commits to master repository made till Aug, 15 will be considered for inclusion.
- On Aug, 15, a new branch for the release version will be created on master git repository. Commits to this branch should include only error fixes and doc updates.
- The updates to release branch should be posted before Aug, 31 and if everything will be ok (compilation tests on different platforms, additional tests), the new release will be available at the beginning of September.

- The commits to development version (not intended for release) should go to master branch as usual.
- After the release, the new release branch will be merged to master.

In addition, I would like to ask you for the following:
o) commit and update the work you may have and want to appear in the new release,
o) update the documentation as much as possible,
o) send me the proposed updates of oofem web pages, if you have any.

With kind regards,
Borek

Re: OOFEM: proposed schedule for new release 2.4

Just created rel-2.4 branch. Please commit only error fixes and doc updates into this one.

Hmm, sorry, i somehow missed the original post back in june.

I had been working on updates to the documentation over the past few days to the master branch, but I had not had time to merge in with oofem.org already.  This included a documentation on Sets, so it would be great idea to include it. I will pull in those commits.

Borek, I didn't have time to pull in the change I wanted,

http://www.oofem.org/gitweb/?p=oofem.gi … 64ab12cfc4
and the missing file in a later commit
http://www.oofem.org/gitweb/?p=oofem.gi … 674018c4d9

If you could pull in the changes to the release, that would be great. It has been so long since I messed about with branches now, and I'm afraid I'll mess up. Add to this, I'm going abroad in a few hours for a conference, so I'll be away for the rest of the week.