Topic: Nonlinear Simulation

Dear users,

I want to use OOFEM to simulate a concrete-cube expirement under multiaxial loading. The cyclic loading is force- and/or displacemnet-controlled. During envolping my Input-files, some problems appear. To simulate the cycles I use the piecewiselinfunction. The Material I want to use is ConcreteDPM, with 3D-Elements. So my questions are:

1) It is possible for a displacemant-cotrolled test to unload until the elastic strain is zero? Or the reactionforces are zero?
2) It is possible for a force-cotrolled test to load until a maximum strain and unload automaticlly?
3) It is possible for a combination of force- and displacement-cotrolled test to define the loading of the force in dependence of the displacement loading (and vice versa)? So that the resulting ratio of the reactionstresses of both loading directions are constant in each time step?

I hope it exist a simpel solution for my pyroblems. An example would be great!

Thanks for the help!

Re: Nonlinear Simulation

Unfortunately, there is no built in support for this type of conditional loading.

In general, this is the type of simulation needs that we probably should solve with the Python interface, which lets you determine how you wish for the time-steps to proceed, and should make it possible for you change to unloading.
It is very difficult to support this in any other way in a simple input file, unless we support precisely this one analysis you are trying to run.