Topic: How to install Windows binaries

I'm a new user and trying to run oofem in Windows 7. I downloaded the Windows binaries (oofem_2.4_AMD64.zip), but I was not able to start using them. I could not find any installation instructions for binaries. By having the exe, dll and lib from the zip in the same folder with input file Bending_01.in, I was able to start the run, but got error message "linear solver creation failed for lstype 1". Do I miss something?

Re: How to install Windows binaries

Hi,
the binaries (windows and unix) are compiled without external libraries, so for example only direct skyline solver is available (lstype 0). The lstype 1 parameter tells to use iml solver, which needs external IML library. That's why the solver is complaining.

You can change "lstype 1" to "lstype 0" and will get the results, the solver will most likely only complain for some unrecognised parameters that are needed for iml solver but not needed by the default one.

You can find many tests in test directory (also accessible online from git repository: http://www.oofem.org/gitweb/?p=oofem.gi … 9;hb=HEAD) where in sm subdirectory you can find tests for structural module, in tm for thermal module, etc. Please have in mind, that online tests refer to repository version, so not all can work with your older release version.

Hi,
Thanks! Looks like it is working now. I will study further the example files.

Borek,
In the future, perhaps we should just have the IML solvers enabled for the windows build? It's just header only anyway.