Topic: Exporting material property values from IsoLE

Hi there,

I started using OOFEM recently for my Master's thesis, and I have a few technical questions I haven't been able to resolve with the documentation. This is the first of a few questions I'll post.

I am performing topology optimization simulations using rectilinear meshes composed of PlaneStress2d and LSpace elements. I use a unique IsoLE material and cross-section for each density value, so the density and Young's modulus is in general different for each element. For 2D problems, I wrote a function in my own code to visualize the resulting density field, but I am using ParaView for 3D meshes. I haven't had any success exporting any material properties with the vtkxml module that I can use to directly visualize the resulting topology.

When using IST_Density, with either "vars" or "cellvars", the exported values are exactly 0 everywhere in the mesh. The only export values that include Young's modulus do not appear relevant for IsoLE materials and also produce 0 values everywhere. Other exported quantities like the displacement vector, stress, and strain work without problem.

An example "vtkxml" line from the input file:

vtkxml 1 tstep_all domain_all vars 2 1 4 primvars 1 1 cellvars 1 44

Has VTK export for IsoLE material properties been implemented?

- Bailey C

Re: Exporting material property values from IsoLE

Hi,

I looked at it and export of density and young modulus is not implemented for IsoLe.
The implementation should be easy, so I can add it next week.

Martin

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

- Bailey C

Hi, I added the export of density.

Martin