Topic: How to compile with DSS Solver on Ubuntu?Please,help.

Hi,I am new to Ubuntu. I have used oofem before on Windows, however, I would like to try it on Ubuntu. I think I have install it successfully. The question is I don't know how to compile DSS Solver. For example, I can't find out configure file where it is. And I could not find the information in detail. Can you help me or show me the manual in detail.

Post's attachments

Screenshot from 2018-02-27 14-07-15.png 96.98 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: How to compile with DSS Solver on Ubuntu?Please,help.

Hi,  you can switch it on by -DUSE_DSS=ON or you can use the “ccmake” which is the CMake curses interface where you can simply switch on the dss solver.

nitramkaroh wrote:

Hi,  you can switch it on by -DUSE_DSS=ON or you can use the “ccmake” which is the CMake curses interface where you can simply switch on the dss solver.

thank you very much, it works.

nitramkaroh, I appreciate you very much. However, I found too many questions nowadays.
First, I found that it works really quicker with petsc than oofem with dss on Ubuntu. But I found that it works quick than windows only when it compiled and installed. When I poweroff Ubuntu and turn it on  again, I found it works slower than it on windows. In fact, I build it on the VMware Workstation, not real Ubuntu. Is this the reason?
I believe that I have installed PETSc successfully, but I am confused about SLEPc for that I have no idea about how to use it. Could you please tell me how to use it correctly? Just write down"stype 2 smtype 7"?

nitramkaroh wrote:

Oh, I found I have not installed slepc successfully. It always puts it that "SLEPc library not found". In fact, I have export the enviroments like PETSC_DIR, PETSC_ARCH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and SLEPC_DIR. I do not know why it does not work.

ousatoshi wrote:
nitramkaroh wrote:

thank you very much, it works.

Regarding SLEPc, please refer to the following post: http://www.oofem.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1531