Re: Errors during VS compilation

Probablya a missing include. Could you try adding
#include "dof.h"
into dssmatrix.C ?

Yes, all fine now.

Although this topic is a few years old now, I have managed to experience the same sort of problems when tried to build the solution wth VS2017. The fixes proposed in the previous answers work for classes but, for some reason, they don't work for structs (the reason might be that something has been changed on VS2017 compiler compared with the previous versions). When I try to build the latest code from the development branch, I encounter problem with the LoadBalancer class saying "attempting to reference a deleted function" in xutility. Traced back to loadbalancer I create a custom copy ctor and everything works. The similar error happens for modeStruct:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C2280    'oofem::modeStruct &oofem::modeStruct::operator =(const oofem::modeStruct &)': attempting to reference a deleted function    core    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\xutility    2414   

When I try to apply the same solution (create copy ctor) on modeStruct structure, I get the following errors:

Error    C2512    'oofem::modeStruct': no appropriate default constructor available    core    C:\git\oofem\src\oofemlib\solutionbasedshapefunction.C    409   

Error    C2280    'oofem::modeStruct &oofem::modeStruct::operator =(const oofem::modeStruct &)': attempting to reference a deleted function    core    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\xutility    2414   

I don't understand if the default constructor is missing for modeStruct or for an object inside the modeStruct (e.g. SurfaceDataStruct). However, by defining a default constructor for any of the two, I haven't managed to solve the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Marin

P.S.
For the matter of completeness, I post two additional errors that occur simultaneously with the previous ones:

Error    LNK1104    cannot open file 'C:\git\oofem\src\oofemlib\core.dir\Debug\solutionbasedshapefunction.obj'    liboofem    C:\git\oofem\LINK    1   

Error    LNK1104    cannot open file 'Debug\oofem.lib'    oofem    C:\git\oofem\LINK    1

Hello, I just committed a series of patches that enable compilation on Visual C++ 2017 (serial version with no external modules for now).
Borek

bp wrote:

Hello, I just committed a series of patches that enable compilation on Visual C++ 2017 (serial version with no external modules for now).
Borek

Thanks! It all works well now.

31 (edited by mpalaversa 14-02-2020 13:32:19)

Dear all, as the troubles never end when you work with two different compilers, I have run into problems with oofempy project. It cannot compile and returns LNK 2019 and LNK 2001 errors (I use VS2019 but I guess the same error would occur on VS2017). I am posting examples of the errors below and attaching a file with complete list of errors.

6>oofem.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class oofem::FloatArray & __cdecl oofem::operator*=(class oofem::FloatArray &,double const &)" (??Xoofem@@YAAEAVFloatArray@0@AEAV10@AEBN@Z) referenced in function "public: static class oofem::FloatArray & __cdecl pybind11::detail::op_impl<29,0,class oofem::FloatArray,class oofem::FloatArray,float>::execute(class oofem::FloatArray &,float const &)" (?execute@?$op_impl@$0BN@$0A@VFloatArray@oofem@@V12@M@detail@pybind11@@SAAEAVFloatArray@oofem@@AEAV45@AEBM@Z)
6>oofem.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl oofem::StructuralElement::giveInternalForcesVector_withIRulesAsSubcells(class oofem::FloatArray &,class oofem::TimeStep *,int)" (?giveInternalForcesVector_withIRulesAsSubcells@StructuralElement@oofem@@UEAAXAEAVFloatArray@2@PEAVTimeStep@2@H@Z)

Please note that I have made a few changes in oofem.cpp file (compared to master) in order to fix previous errors given by MSVC compiler but I belive that these shouldn't have any effect on the errors listed here (you can see my changes in branch marin on unizg-fsb-nav/oofem).

Cheers,
Marin

Post's attachments

oofempy_build_output.txt 56.32 kb, 3 downloads since 2020-02-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Note that this issue has been solved by adding OOFEM_EXPORT, i.e., __declspec(dllimport) keyword to appropriate class declarations.