Topic: Windows 10 VS2019 Build Oofem 2.5

Hello I'm trying to compile oofem using VS2019 and am having problems.  I basically follow the instructions from the wiki (copied below), except using VS2019 and the GUI for cmake.  It works fine with no errors until the I try to build in VS.

1. Start Cmake-gui (version 3.16.0-r3).
2. Set Source folder the github downloaded source, new folder "c"/Build2" as where to build binaries.
3. Click Configure twice. Leave default checks.
4. Generate and choose Visual Studio 16 2019 and Use native compiler.
5. Now in the oofem folder (e.g. C:\oofem) double-click on oofem.sln to start VS;
6. right-click on the oofem project and click on Set as StartUp Project.
7. Build Solution.
--- At this point it starts compiling but has countless warning and errors and doesn't complete the build. 

I've attached a copy the build output file.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Post's attachments

Output-Build.txt 645.04 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-11-18 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Windows 10 VS2019 Build Oofem 2.5

Hi, you can try to compile the actual git version which you find here https://github.com/oofem/oofem, it should compile fine.

Martin

I tried that version as well.  no luck...   I also tried compiling version 2.4 and I get the same errors.

I can confirm that the current version in Git does not compile fine.
There are some missing includes (e.g. fei3dtrquad.C, fei3dtrlin.C, feinterpol1d.C, fei2dquadconst.C are missing #include <stdexcept>) and other errors I'm still trying to solve.

ps.
This time I tried the CMake integrated in vs2019, I just want to know if it is suitable for us.