Topic: problems with compling OOFEM with MS VC++6.0

Hello,
         I did exactly as  what has been written on  "http://www.oofem.org/wiki/doku.php?id=w … ompilation", the guide describes the steps necessary to compile oofem using Microsoft Visual c++ compiler, from oofem wiki. But, I still can't have OOFEM compiled successfully.
The beginning errors are as follows:
"
Compiling...
main.C
d:\work_temporary\oofem_proj\oofemlib\logger.h(147) : error C2010: '.' : unexpected in macro formal parameter list
d:\work_temporary\oofem_proj\oofemlib\logger.h(147) : error C2010: '.' : unexpected in macro formal parameter list
d:\work_temporary\oofem_proj\oofemlib\logger.h(147) : error C2010: ')' : unexpected in macro formal parameter list
d:\work_temporary\oofem_proj\oofemlib\logger.h(148) : error C2010: '.' : unexpected in macro formal parameter list
d:\work_temporary\oofem_proj\oofemlib\logger.h(148) : error C2010: '.' : unexpected in macro formal parameter list

"

I double clicked on the error, and the cursor located at this line:
"
#define __LOG_E_MESSAGE(logger, level, _file, _line, ...) logger.writeELogMsg(level, _file, _line, __VA_ARGS__)

", line 147 in logger.h.

Could you please kindly help me out of this "#define" error?  Many thanks!

Re: problems with compling OOFEM with MS VC++6.0

Hi,

could you check, that for the particular file being compiled (main.C) the "Compile as C++ Code (/TP)" is really set. To do this, right click on the file in project file list, select properties , then select C/C++ -> Advanced and look at "Compile As". This option must be set to "Compile as C++ Code (/TP)". Sometimes, the project setting is not applied to all files consistently. This should solve the problem.

I have also updated the wiki installation description slightly, as I tried to compile version 1.9 to check if everything is correct. But I did not find anything critical and compilation went smoothly. If the problem still persist, please report also the oofem version you are using.

Borek