Welcome on OOFEM official page
OOFEM is free finite element code with object oriented architecture for solving mechanical, transport and fluid mechanics problems that operates on various platforms.
The aim of this project is to develop efficient and robust tool for FEM computations as well as to provide modular and extensible environment for future development. OOFEM is released under GNU General Public License (GPL).
The current version of OOFEM is 2.2; released Feb, 08, 2013
The following is a list of recent additions to this web. Whenever a new paper or specification is written or important event happens, a notice will be put here. The most recent changes are listed first.
Post-doctoral positions in the field of modeling, simulation, assessment and optimization
Official Release of OOFEM, version 2.2
- New Damage-plastic Rankine model, its gradient and nonlocal version and mixed elements for gradient damage-plasticity.
- Implemented new SlipWithFriction, PenetrationWithResistance, OutFlowBC, and isotropic surface tension boundary conditions for flow models.
- Added LAPACK-bindings for FloatMatrix class, updated to PETSc 3.2, optimization of PETSc interface.
- And many improvements and bug-fixes, for more information see the ChangeLog
OOFEM version controll system migrated from svn to Git
- Based on many request from the community of developpers, OOFEM is now using the Git distributed version control system.
- Read more about transition on oofem wiki